Posted By pinewood on 3 May 2017
The hypothalamus is the body’s master gland and it is responsible for all of the biochemical reactions in your body the govern such essential functions as hunger, sleep, mood, body temperature, sex drive and the production of other hormones in the body. It is your hypothalamus that gives your body the message that you are hungry. When the hypothalamus is not functioning properly, all of the other glands in the endocrine system also start failing, and often the result is feeling constantly hungry.
The gland must be reset and normalized in order to eliminate the constant and intense physical hunger that is often he result of some very complex biochemical reactions between overproduced and under produced hormones. The only way to do this is to eat an organic, natural diet that is good for yo
Why is Your Hypothalamus Impaired?
There are many reasons that it might be operating abnormally in the first place and these include —
- Artificial sweeteners, which contain chemicals that act as hormone disruptors and cause imbalances in the hypothalamus
- Candida yeast overgrowth in the gut, stunning the valgus nerve that connects to the brain and sabotaging the proper secretion of hormones
- Too much glucose in the blood (prompted by eating too much sugar), causing the adrenal glands to produce too much cortisol
- A lack of digestive enzymes, which sends a message to your brain that you are still hungry because your body is unable to produce the chemicals needed to digest food
- Stress, which causes your body to produce too much cortisol
- Eating microwaved food, which contains hormonal disrupting chemicals that cause your body to overproduce estrogen, thus causing weight gain
- Heavy metal toxicity, which sabotages your pituitary gland to produce hormones
- Staying in an environment where there is insufficient oxygen, which is needed to fuel your lungs and brains so that your endocrine system can function properly
- Environmental allergies that affect the way your pituitary gland and thyroid produce the hormones that govern blood sugar regulation
- Food allergies, such as a gluten allergy can also sabotage your brain’s ability to communicate with your gut
- A lack of sleep can overwork your hypothalamus and cause the over secretion of hormones like ghrelin, which is a hormone that can cause you to feel extreme hunger
- A clogged liver, which can affect the metabolism and all love the glands in the endocrine system
- Lost or gales teeth, which send as message to your body that you are not eating, because it senses the lack of chewing, and the result is the overproduction of hormones that produce hunger.
There are also many other factors as well that can cause intense constant hunger including two very unusual influences that you may never have suspected could be a factor.
The first unusual factor is the lack of taste. The hypothalamus thrives on being able to experience the basic tastes that are present in most foods that we experienced throughout the day including saltiness, sourness, sweetness, bitterness and savories. When you are on a diet the mouth is deprived of these tastes and the hypothalamus triggers you to crave foods. This is why diets based on food deprivation just do not work. In order to work properly, your hypothalamus needs to taste all of the five tastes including sweet, sour, salty, bitterness and savory as well as cool, spicy and warm tastes. Without this stimulation, your hypothalamus begins to trigger you to seek out some exciting tastes
There are many things that you can do to combat this condition and here at Pinewood we can suggest the use of Chromium supplements, dietary and nutritional counseling and IV therapy. We also do naturopathic testing in Toronto at our natural healthcare centers in Toronto and Pickering.
For more information about our weight loss programs or any health issue you may be experiencing, visit the Pinewood Natural Healthcare Centre website that has a list of full services and products at www.pinewoodhealth.ca or call our Toronto Office at (416)-656- 8100. We also have an office in Pickering, Ontario at (905)-427-0057. You can also email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to answer any question that you have about our holistic health services.