Posted By pinewood on 9 July 2019
The reason that making time for the little things in life in life is so important is so because many people go to their graves with all kinds of regrets. When we are younger, the thought of death may enter our minds, but we always think that we still have time on our side. A palliative nurse from Australia named Bronnie Ware wrote of a book called The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed By The Dearly Departing Gives Hope for a World and not a single regret was all about wishing they stayed later at work to make an extra thousand dollars. Mostly they wished they’d worked less kept in touch with friends, cared less about hat others think, practiced better self-care and that they had spent less time worrying and more time having fun.
Do These 7 Small Things to Change Your Life
- Rise gently and do stretches first thing in the morning. Most of us leap out of bed with no thought and rush around to get ready for our day. Both your brain and body benefit greatly from time taken to remain in a Zen-like stillness for a moment. During this time, empty your brain of all thoughts and do a simple scan of your both your physical and emotional body and assess how you feel, and what your needs will immediately be for you to feel your best.
- Turn of the television and read a novel. The narratives that are told today are annotated and fired at us rapidly, creating anxiety and an urgency to react. The lost art of actually sitting down and reading a book helps you to use other parts of brains, improve your literacy and also escape from reality for a while.
- Bring back the tradition of enjoying Sunday dinners with friends and family. Today’s society lacks rituals and one of the most wholesome, consistent things you can do for your loved ones is offer the consistency of a once-a-week home-cooked meal, without cell-phones, that encourages conversation, good will and the strengthening of bonds with loved ones.
- Take a Forest Bath. There are few things more healing in life than basking in the oxygen from a thickly wooded forest. Taking a walk alone in the woods helps you to empty your brain of worries, oxygenate your body and restore peace to your heart.
- Work on your personal style. Many of us get so busy that we have the same haircut and wear the same clothes for years. This dates you and can affect your business and romantic updates. Just like your software, you need an update now and then so that you seem like you are in the swing of things. This is especially important if you are recovering from an illness or a financial setback.
- Make an appointment to catch a sunset or sunrise. It’s worth it to get up early in the morning and align your own intentions with the dawn’s early light. Twilight, when the sun sets is a perfect time to meditate, practice an attitude of gratitude or simply to connect with any sort of higher guidance that you believe in.
7 Allow yourself to be bored and now and then. Your calendar does not have to be crammed with back-to-back appointments and errand every day. In Don’t feel guilty about taking quality time for yourself as those days with nothing to do the allow you to step back from what is going on, ruminate a bit and see the big picture.
To be a fully rounded, healthy individual, it is best to enjoy the spectrum of human experience and enjoy things both big and small. And for many of us this does mean learning to be still, be mindful and enjoy the basics such as the air we breath, the sunshine that beams down on us and the air that gives us oxygen. Enjoying life to the fullest really does mean taking time out to “smell the roses.” However if you find it hard to chill out, relax or appreciate the smaller things in life there could be a physical or mental imbalance behind it that we, at the Pinewood Natural Health Centre can find and evaluate so that you are not carrying any stressful blocks n your body.
Do you feel down, foggy or anxious? Time to get to the bottom of this issue and book a consultation about natural cleanses, anti-aging, naturopathic testing, weight loss program, iv vitamin drip therapy, infrared blood analysis, acupuncture, mesotherapy, hypnotherapy, nutritional advice, homeopathy at the Pinewood Natural Healthcare Centre. Our website that has a list of full services and products at www.pinewoodhealth.ca or call our Toronto Office at (416)-656- 8100. We also have an office in Pickering, Ontario at (905)-427-0057. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer any question that you have about our holistic health services