Posted By pinewood on 25 September 2018
Parsley, often dismissed as a common garden herb used to flavor spaghetti sauce or tabouli, is actually a very humble, but effective weight loss aid. This is because parsley is a powerful, natural diuretic that helps the body expel water, which also can make you look appear to be slimmer and trimmer. IT is quite low in calories but very high in nutrition and antioxidants, and the more of it that you eat in your diet, the more likely you are to meet that weight loss goal.
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Parsley
When you go to your market or grocery store, you will notice that there are two types of parsley available curly parsley and flat leaf parsley have almost the same nutritional profile, but curly parsley has more of a bitter taste. For this reason, people prefer to use the flat leaf variety to make teas and meals.
Adding more parsley to your diet can help you lose weight in these ten ways.
1. Parsley is very high in vitamins that support the optimum functioning o the endocrine system including Vitamins A, C, B9, and K., For instance, one cup of chopped fresh parsley contains 133 milligrams o Vitamin C.
2. The high vitamin K level in parsley helps clear the blood, lower cholesterol and improve circulation, which helps your body deliver nutrients and expel toxins more effectively.
3. High levels of quercetin in parsley support Vitamin C absorption and the health of the endocrine system
4. Parsley is very high in folate, which assists the body in converting carbohydrates into fuel instead of fat.
5. Parsley is high in potassium which helps you feel energetic and feeling well enough to work out.
6. It is high in fiber and helps to clean waste out of the colon, which in turn, helps achieve a trim abdomen.
7. It supports that elimination of fat cells from the liver, thus aiding individuals with the fatty liver disease to reverse the condition.
8. Parsley contains an antibacterial oil that helps eliminate yeast and infections that might be affecting your gut’s ability to absorb nutrients, which in turn causes cravings, inflammation and weight gain.
As is true with most foods it is best to try and buy organic parsley, especially if you are planning to crush the leaves and make tea.
How to Make Weight Loss Parsley Tea
You can buy parsley tea bags or dried leaves but for best results use the fresh organic leaves.
To make parsley tea from the fresh leaves of either curly or flat parsley:
#1. Finely mince a handful of washed parsley with a very sharp knife to help release the oils from leaves. Place the leaves in a glass teapot with an infuser. A cup of parsley is usually the perfect amount for this.
#2. Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the parsley and let it steep for about forty minutes. You can continue the brew the fresh parsley all day and also continue adding more water to make more tea if you like. Parsley tea can also be added to spring water, green tea or citrus juices.
#3. Most people can drink this tea every day without any side-effect besides excessive urination but if dizziness occurs as a symptom, stop. This can mean that you have lost too much water and might be dehydrated
It is very important to consult with a naturopath before consuming a lot of parsley every day. Consuming a lot of parsley suitable for those who are pregnant or who have kidney disease. Consuming more than three cups of parsley a day could cause the formation of kidney stones in some people.
Adding More Parsley to Your Diet
It is safest to drink your parsley in a smoothie as the other ingredients help pace the rate at which it detoxifies your organs and flushes water out of your body. Parsley goes well with all kinds of other ingredients including, grapes, pineapples, lemons, cranberries, pears, bananas, apples, avocados, strawberries, beets, radishes, carrots, cucumbers, and kale.
You can also add parsley to about any salad, sandwich, soup or main dish, but keep in mind that the rawer it is, the more likely it is to retain its diuretic effects.
Would you like to lose weight improve your immunity and boost your general health in a safe and natural way? If so, feel free to contact us at the Pinewood Natural Healthcare website at www.pinewoodhealth.ca, or you can call our Toronto Office a (416) 656-8100. We offer infrared blood analysis, iv vitamin therapy, dietary advice, and other types of naturopathic weight loss care. We also have an office in Pickering, Ontario at 905 427-0057. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer any question that you have about our holistic health services.